Preparing to train your cat:
Observe your cat and your responses to their actions.
Listen to yourself when communicating with your cat.
Make notes on your observations.
- List things your cat already knows such as:
- reactions to specific sounds.
- List things you want to change.
- List your limits, such as:
- The cat runs around screaming while I
prepare his/her dinner.
That needs to stop, it's annoying and one day I'm
going to trip on them.
- Survey your cat's property:
- cat tree,
- scratching post,
- pieces of carpet,
- boxes or bags.
- What have you given the cat as their own?
- Watch when you get upset with your cat's actions.
- Watch when you panic and watch the cat's response.
- Make notes on all of your observations.