- You will learn how to teach your cat and how to support that learning.
Since cats usually do best in their own familiar territory,
training consultations should probably occur at your location.
Because each session will be customized for you, an initial
visit will include:
- A discussion of your needs and goals, and the lists you've
(see the Tips page).
This is an excellent time for your cat or cats
and me to become acquainted.
- An assessment of the cat's current property
- If your cat or cats will allow me to work with
them, we will work
on a few basic commands such as sit, lie down,
off, and becoming familiar with their rug.
- If your cat will not work with me, I will
coach while you work
with your cat, or we will discuss the techniques
that will start you on your way towards accomplishing your
- A discussion or demo of additional commands to
practice with your cat,
- Develop a strategy for you to follow
- If appropriate, we will discuss or go through
the process of clipping
your cat's claws
- You will receive a handout of cat training do's
- For best results, you and your family must
consistently reinforce and
support newly learned behaviors.
- Learning takes time and reinforcement and,
some cats learn faster than others.
- What your cat learns will be determined
by the amount of time you work
with your cat and how consistent
you are at reinforcing positive
and negative behaviors.
- Follow up visits can be scheduled ahead of
time or as you and
your cat are ready. New commands can be covered or
commands can be reviewed.
Training packages can be customized to meet your
needs and your budget.