- Sit -
A very easy to teach, versatile
and useful command.
Once your cat learns to sit,
this command can be used
in several different types of situations
- On your lap
- In the yard
- Your cat escapes from the house, you panic.
Instead of chasing the cat, you calmly and firmly
command your cat to sit. You can then walk over,
pick up the cat and go into the house.
Next you might want to teach your cat to go
into the house on command!
- On their rug:
- in the house,
- in the car,
- on the vet's table.
Using the Sit command alone and in combination with
others, I can stop my cats from chasing a bird or squirrel who has invaded the yard.
- Off is useful in several types of situations such as:
- Off the furniture
- Move out of the way when closing
the refrigerator door
- Drop what ever is in their mouth
- Bird or mouse
- Your dinner
- Rug - One of the most useful tools to teach your cat!
- As you probably know, cats like to sit on defined
objects like newspaper, sheets of paper, an article of
clothing. Why not give them
their own defined spaces or objects, so they'll stay
off of yours.
- Their Rug can be their safe place and it can
be used in and out of the home.
- It's a familiar, defined space with boundaries,
- It smells like home.
- Sit on the rug:
- and wait for their meal
- in the car
- on the vet's table
- at new places
This is just a small sample of what you can teach your cat can do